Monday, December 29, 2014

Sashiko 'waves' cushion

Sewing unfortunately hasn't been high on the list of my 'things to do' of late. I am hoping the summer holidays will give me more time with my much neglected sewing machine.
However, there was some urgency in getting the sashiko stitching done for my pieces to be shown at Tactile Pleasure art exhibition. It will be held in Apollo Bay from 7-31 January, 2015. One item that I remembered to photograph before it was sent down to Apollo Bay was this cushion. The sashiko design is called 'waves' which is very appropriate for a summer event by the coast!
This will be the second year that Tactile Exhibition has run and it will be bigger and better than last year. So if you or your family and friends are holidaying around Apollo Bay in January, it is well worth having a look.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful ! Is it all hand stitching because it looks all so even.that must have taken some time and care. Hope you get a good break and are well .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment.