Thursday, January 30, 2014

McCalls 6102: tunic length

It was the purchase of a pair of white capri pants that got me thinking about what to wear with them. I wanted a top that was A-line and long enough to come to mid thigh. So I decided to use my tried and true pattern, McCalls 6102 which I have made as a dress, adapted to become a T-shirt  and used again to make a sleeveless tunic.
This shows the A-line shape of the top as well as my attempt to match the horizontal print in the fabric. The fabric is a cotton stretch sateen from Rathdowne Fabrics. It is a cool addition to the summer wardrobe, especially as Melbourne is experiencing very hot weather.
I do like binding the neckline with self-fabric bias binding rather than with a facing. I find that it helps the neckline to sit better and no annoying facing that might pop out.

1 comment:

Thank you very much for your comment.